Apache PIG Training Course Description
Apache PIG scripting platform for processing & analyzing large data sets. Apache PIG interacts with data stored in the cluster with YARN as the architectural center of Apache Hadoop. Apache Pig allows Apache Hadoop users to write complex MapReduce transformations using a simple scripting language called Pig Latin. Pig translates the Pig Latin script into MapReduce so that it can be executed within YARN for access to a single dataset stored in the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
At present Pig’s infrastructure layer consists of a compiler that produces sequences of Map-Reduce programs for which large-scale parallel implementations already exist. Pig’s language layer currently consists of a textual language called Pig Latin.
Pig was designed for performing a long series of data operations, making it ideal for three categories of Big Data jobs:
- Extract-transform-load (ETL) data pipelines.
- Research on raw data.
- Iterative data processing.
With Pincorps Apache PIG course, you will be learning about Apache PIG in details. You will learn pg basics, installation, pig script, loading and storage, debugging, grunt shell etc.
Apache PIG Course Learning Outcomes;
- The fundamentals concepts of Big Data and Hadoop.
- What is Apache PIG and its Use Cases.
- How to set up PIG in Local and MapReduce mode.
- What is PIG Latin Language.
- Working and implementation of PIG Latin Statements.
- How to create a directory and different ways of inserting the Data.
- PIG Latin operators and the supported data types.
- Concepts of PIG Streaming.
- How to write and execute PIG Scripts.
- Built-in Functions and User Defined Functions.
- The structuring of PIG scripts and how they are executed.
- How to write PIG Macros and perform Parameter substitution.
- The use of PIG’s Shell and Utility Commands to run your programs.
- How to compress files(input/output/intermediate results).
- Testing and Diagnostics tools to examine and/or debug your programs.
Apache PIG Training – Suggested Audience
This Apache PIG training is intended for developers who need t create applications for Hadoop 2.0. Suggested attendees based on our past programs are:
- Software Developers
- Hadoop Developers
- Data Analyst
Apache PIG Training Prerequisites
- Basic familiarity with SQL and\/or a scripting language.
- Essential knowledge of Linux will help in understanding Linux commands in the tutorial.
- No pre-existing knowledge of Hadoop is required.
System Setup Requirements
- Latest stable build of Hadoop of around 1.0.3
- Install Hadoop & the machine should have Java 1.6 installed.
- Pig tutorial assumes that users have Linux/Mac OS X. If the Windows is being used, Cygwin should be installed. Shell support in addition to required software is needed.
Apache Pig In-house/Corporate Training
If you have a group of 5-6 participants, apply for in-house training. For commercials please send us an email with group size to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Module1 - Introduction to Course|
|Prerequisites for PIG Details||00:00:00|
|Use Cases of PIG Details||00:00:00|
|Module2 - Getting Started with Apache PIG|
|What is Big Data and Hadoop? Details||00:00:00|
|Hadoop MapReduce Details||00:00:00|
|What is Apache PIG? Details||00:00:00|
|PIG vs. MapReduce Details||00:00:00|
|Where to use PIG, where not!! Details||00:00:00|
|PIG’s History Details||00:00:00|
|Module3 - Pig Latin Language and its Statement|
|PIG Latin Language Details||00:00:00|
|Running PIG in Different Modes Details||00:00:00|
|PIG Architecture Details||00:00:00|
|PIG Latin Statements Details||00:00:00|
|Module4 - PIG Model and Operators|
|PIG’s Data Model Details||00:00:00|
|Arithmetic and Boolean Operators Details||00:00:00|
|Cast and Comparison Operators Details||00:00:00|
|Relational Operators Details||00:00:00|
|PIG Streaming Details||00:00:00|
|Module5 - PIG Built-in Functions|
|Eval Functions Details||00:00:00|
|Load and Store Functions Details||00:00:00|
|Tuple and Bag Functions Details||00:00:00|
|Module6 - PIG Scripts and UDF’s|
|Create and Run PIG Scripts Details||00:00:00|
|Writing JAVA UDF’s Details||00:00:00|
|Module7 - Control Structures|
|Embedded PIG in JAVA Details||00:00:00|
|PIG Macros Details||00:00:00|
|Parameter Substitution Details||00:00:00|
|Module8 - Shell and Utility Commands|
|Shell Commands Details||00:00:00|
|Utility Commands Details||00:00:00|
|Module9 - Compression with PIG|
|Compressed Files Details||00:00:00|
|Compress the Results of Intermediate Jobs Details||00:00:00|
|Module10 - Testing and Diagnostics|
|Diagnostic Operators Details||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.