Puppet Practitioner Training | Learn to Manage Your Infrastructure Right Way
Puppet Practitioner Course Description
Puppet Practitioner Course Learning Outcomes
- Master Puppet DSL & common design patterns providing them with solutions for problem-solving techniques
- Great understanding of Puppet Best Practices.
Puppet Practitioner Training - Suggested Audience
- Site Architects
- System Administrator
- IT architects
- System Engineer
- Devops Professionals
Puppet Practitioner Training Duration
- Open-House F2F (Public): 3/4 days
- In-House F2F (Private): 3/4 days, for commercials please send us an email with group size to firstname.lastname@example.org
Puppet Practitioner Training - Prerequisites
- Solid Understanding of configuration management strategies, or
- 6+ months of experience using puppet
System Setup Requirements
- Have the Training VM downloaded to your computer before you show up. We will run through the configuration & installation for this VM in class, so it is not necessary to boot it up prior to class. Just make sure that it's on your computer & you know how to start it.
- If you prefer to learn from the Windows perspective, you may provide your own VM instead. It should be Windows Server 2012 or greater.
- More advanced Puppet DSL constructs that can be used to write more elegant code.
- Using data structures to create resources programmatically.
- Using custom facts to expose information about nodes.
- The concepts of modularity and composability and how they refer to module design.
- Methods for testing your Puppet code and infrastructure.
- Using MCollective from the command line to automate infrastructure orchestration.
- Troubleshooting techniques and standard log files.
- The Roles & Profiles design pattern and the benefits it offers.
- Several different methods for managing portions of files.
- Why the Anchor Pattern exists and when one should use it or the `contain()` function.
- Creating generalizable modules and contributing them back to the community via the Puppet Forge.
- Sharing functionality between classes using inheritance.
This is great
I really love the course editor in LearnPress. It is never easier when creating courses, lessons, quizzes with this one. It's the most useful LMS WordPress plugin I have ever used. Thank a lot! Testing quiz is funny, I like the sorting choice question type most.