Apache PIG Training | Learn Data Analysis with Apache PIG & Infrastructure for Evaluating these Programs
Apache PIG Course Description
- Extract-transform-load (ETL) data pipelines.
- Research on raw data.
- Iterative data processing.
Apache PIG Course Learning Outcomes
- The fundamentals concepts of Big Data and Hadoop
- What is Apache PIG and its Use Cases
- How to set up PIG in Local and MapReduce mode
- What is PIG Latin Language
- Working and implementation of PIG Latin Statements
- How to create a directory and different ways of inserting the Data
- PIG Latin operators and the supported data types
- Concepts of PIG Streaming
- How to write and execute PIG Scripts
- Built-in Functions and User Defined Functions
- The structuring of PIG scripts and how they are executed
- How to write PIG Macros and perform Parameter substitution
- The use of PIG's Shell and Utility Commands to run your programs
- How to compress files(input/output/intermediate results)
- Testing and Diagnostics tools to examine and/or debug your programs
Apache PIG Training - Suggested Audience
- Software Developers
- Hadoop Developers
- Data Analyst
Apache PIG Training Duration
- Open-House F2F (Public): 2/3 days
- In-House F2F (Private): 2/3 days, for commercials please send us an email with group size to email@example.com
Apache PIG Training Prerequisites
- Basic familiarity with SQL and\/or a scripting language
- Essential knowledge of Linux will help in understanding linux commands in the tutorial.
- No pre-existing knowledge of Hadoop is required
System Setup Requirements
- Latest stable build of Hadoop of around 1.0.3
- Install Hadoop & the machine should have Java 1.6 installed.
- Pig tutorial assumes that users have Linux/Mac OS X. If the Windows is being used, Cygwin should be installed. Shell support in addition to required software is needed.
- Prerequisites for PIG
- Use Cases of PIG
- What is Big Data and Hadoop?
- Hadoop MapReduce
- What is Apache PIG?
- PIG vs. MapReduce
- Where to use PIG, where not!!
- PIG’s History
- PIG Latin Language
- Running PIG in Different Modes
- PIG Architecture
- PIG Latin Statements
- PIG’s Data Model
- Arithmetic and Boolean Operators
- Cast and Comparison Operators
- Relational Operators
- PIG Streaming
- Eval Functions
- Load and Store Functions
- Tuple and Bag Functions
- Create and Run PIG Scripts
- Writing JAVA UDF’s
- Embedded PIG in JAVA
- PIG Macros
- Parameter Substitution
- Shell Commands
- Utility Commands
- Compressed Files
- Compress the Results of Intermediate Jobs
- Diagnostic Operators
This is great
I really love the course editor in LearnPress. It is never easier when creating courses, lessons, quizzes with this one. It's the most useful LMS WordPress plugin I have ever used. Thank a lot! Testing quiz is funny, I like the sorting choice question type most.